Ethan Balkin, PhD
Area(s) of Research Focus:
- Development of new reagents for molecular radiotherapy
- Preparation of antisense radiotherapy and imaging reagents for research and collaborations
- Development of solid target chemistry for cyclotron based radionuclide production
- Production of high specific activity radionuclides by cyclotron irradiations
- Production of long-lived and stable isotopes by cyclotron irradiations
Education and Training
College: University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 2004
Graduate School: University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 2011
Fellowship: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2014
Bryan, J.N., Kumar, S.R., Jia, F., Balkin, E.R., and Lewis, M.R. Zebularine Significantly Sensitizes CLL cells to External Irradiation and Radiopharmaceutical Therapy When Administered Sequentially. Cell Biol. Int., 2014; 38(2): 187-197.
Balkin, E.R., Jia, F., Ruthengael, V.C., Shaffer, S.M., Miller, W.H., Lewis, M.R. Comparative biodistributions and dosimetry of [177Lu]DOTA-anti-bcl-2-PNA-Tyr3-octreotate and [177Lu]DOTA-Tyr3- octreotate in a mouse model of B-cell lymphoma/leukemia. Nucl. Med. Biol., 2014; 41: 36-42.
Balkin, E.R., Hamlin, D.K., Gagnon, K., Chyan, M.K., Pal, S., Watanabe, S., Wilbur, D.S. Evaluation of a Wet Chemistry Method for Isolation of Cyclotron Produced [211At]Astatine. Appl. Sci., 2013; 3: 636-655
Orozco, J.J., Bäck, T.A., Kenoyer, A., Balkin, E.R., et.al. Anti-CD45 Radioimmunotherapy Using 211At with Bone Marrow Transplantation Prolongs Survival in a Disseminated Murine Leukemia Model. Blood, 2013; 121(18): 3759-67.